Friday, April 23, 2010

Trapped

I know you're behind the glass, but I can't reach you.



I know you could be here. This glass keeps us apart.
So close I can feel you near. I only want what's in my heart.
I could break down this dividing wall. Take you as my own.
You can only hear me call, I will save you, else remain alone.

I feel forgotten, the darkness enveloped me, I must restore the light.
I have to break free, struggle at the bonds, put up a fight.
The floor here is cold, my voice has become a rasp.
There's nothing to hold, nothing to grasp.

I'm aching to be with you, to stare into your eyes, to see your smile.
I'll have to push through, then it may all be worthwhile.
I can't wait to feel your embrace, a hole has formed in front of me.
But it's nothing I can't replace, it's you I want to see.

It's finally time to escape, to walk away, I smash down the reflection.
I run to meet your shape, feel the sudden connection.
I bend over and kiss you, it's like an explosion in my chest.
I am finally at rest.

2 comments: